One in ten UK men secretly wear make-up

Many British men are secretly wearing make-up and self tan, according to a new survey.

More than one in ten men in the UK have used cosmetics, with the boys from Newcastle the most avid users, followed closely by those from Essex.
 
Of the 1,831 men polled by designer discount site HushHush.com, 11% admitted to wearing make-up, with 52% saying they apply it regularly and 22% saying they wear it every day.
 
The most popular make-up products for men were: 
1. Concealer
2. Lipgloss
3. Eyeliner
4. Mascara
5. Bronzer
 
Northerners are more likely to wear make-up than southeners, with the majority of the towns in the top ten located in the north. The top ten cities in order were: Newcastle, Essex, Liverpool, Leeds, Edinburgh, Manchester, Exeter, Nottingham, Cardiff and Middlesbrough.
 
More than one third of the men taking part (37%) said they used tanning products. Of these users, more than two thirds (68%) said they prefer to use at-home ranges. The remaining 32% said they get spray tans at salons and 14% said that they regularly used tanning beds.