Global Wellness Summit announces 2017 agenda
The Global Wellness Summit (GWS) has announced the agenda and full speaker lineup for this year’s event, taking place in the US in October.
The summit, which will be held at five-star resort The Breakers resort in Florida on October 9-11, this year has the theme of Living a Well Life. The event will this year feature a record 50 speakers and presenters sharing their views on the future of wellness.
Topics explored during the summit will include the key issues currently affecting the difference parts of the wellness sector: from spa, beauty, tourism hospitality, nutrition and fitness to education, medicine, architecture, workplace wellness, finance, technology and wellness communities.
GWS chairman and chief executive Susie Ellis said the event would see ‘’global leaders connect around the topic of health and wellness from the point of view of prevention, while immersing themselves in the latest research and exploring the increased opportunities to make a major impact on people’s lives – and the world economy.”
The agenda, which will comprise formats ranging from keynote sessions and panels to roundtable discussions, will include Fake Wellness or Wellness Evidence: Why it Matters and What Wellness Investors are Thinking, Saying, and Most Importantly, Doing.
Among the other topics on the 2017 agenda will be Good News/Bad News: Wellness and Technology and The Impact of Wellness on the Big Business of Beauty.
The 2017 summit will also see the unveiling of the first report into the emerging sector of Wellness Communities & Lifestyle Real Estate – looking at the potential of communities centred around a healthy way of life.
Speakers at the three-day event will include:
- Dr. Richard Carmona, 17th Surgeon General of the United States
Jan-Emmanuel De Neve, PhD, associate professor of economics and strategy, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford and associate editor of the World Happiness Report
- Elissa Epel, PhD, professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco
- Carolee Friedlander, chief executive and founder, AccessCircles, LLCMohamed Gawdat, chief business officer, Google [X] and author of Solve for Happy: Engineering Your Path to Joy
- Mehmet C. Oz, MD, professor of surgery, Columbia University and host of the Dr. Oz Show
- Frits Dirk van Paasschen, author and investor, Disruptors’ Feast LLC and former chief executive, Starwood
- Dr. Michael Roizen, chief wellness officer, Cleveland Clinic
- Dr. Kenneth R. Pelletier, PhD, clinical professor of medicine, University of California School of Medicine
- Paul Price, digital marketing leader
- Andrew Weil, MD, program director, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Edie Weiner, President & CEO, The Future Hunters
For the complete 2017 gws agenda, click here
For the full speaker lineup, click here