Sponsored blog: 11 creative marketing ideas for salons and spas
Alexandru Stefan, director of Clinic Software, reveals how you can effectively market your business whatever your budget.
If you’re a small business owner and don’t have money to spend on expensive advertising like your much larger competitors, don’t worry. You can compete on the same level but with a smaller budget, you just have to market smarter.
A good software solution offers features that are tailor-made to your business and incorporate your key values and messages.
Here are 11 ways you can use your software system to creatively market your salon or spa business:
- Build a referral network using the software deposit feature
Word of mouth referrals are the most powerful advertising your salon or spa can have, so build relationships with professionals and other businesses you would happily refer your customers to, and who can equally send referrals your way.
- Create a customer loyalty programme using the software loyalty cards feature
Done well, this will encourage future purchases and referrals.
- Ask for testimonials and reviews in your online booking system
This includes online reviews on your website and rave comments through any social media channel. Monitor the testimonials page on your website and use the best reviews in as many promotions as you can (that make sense).
- Run a software report to identify and create customer case studies with your most active customers
Ask happy customers to share their experience of using your services. These stories add credibility to your company and help get you more customers.
- Double check your “day book” appointments and ask customers for referrals
You need to overcome any shyness when it comes to asking your best customers to refer you. Simply ask and you'll receive. You can even offer an extra service as a thank you – ie loyalty points for every new recommendation they make that turns into an appointment.
- Connect your software with MailChimp using API, then use mail and auto responder to let your customers know about special offers
It's a great way to get your message across – i.e. special offers and other news – during closed hours. Plus, it won't cost you a penny.
- Set software auto-messages to say "happy birthday" and “thank you” to clients
Also, have a discount or special offer ready to give as a gift. It really works.
- Collect customer emails
Offer customers a service or free consultation in exchange for their email address. Email campaigns are a great way to stay in touch with customers on a weekly basis.
- Respond to customers within minutes using the software integrated chart
How fast is your competition? You can gain more business by simply responding fast to questions your customers have regarding treatments and their concerns.
- Offer great customer service and track staff performance
Delight your customers and they will delight you with more business. Be kind and they will answer.
- Create a giveaway
Be creative. Double check your appointments history, track your sales and give away something cool your customers would want rather then something you don't need.
Contact ClinicSoftware.com on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07428 878728