TOP TIPS from the Germaine de Capuccini Team!
Germaine de Capuccini will celebrate it's 50th birthday in 2014. Therefore, the team wanted to share their success with you by giving you their top tips.
A successful business doesn’t just happen, it has to be worked at, and the best place to start is with the very basics:
- Clients expect to come to into a clean & tidy treatment room, hygiene is paramount.
- Staff should be well turned out, and always have a smile on their face!
- Customers ALWAYS come first
- You can never have enough training – invest in your staff’s training and reap the rewards with repeat business and retail sales. Never say your business is too busy to send staff for training. Invest in your staff and you are investing in the success of your business.
- Don’t put up with poor support from your suppliers, - if they can’t be bothered to help and support you properly, find a supplier who wants your business.
- Keep up with the market, - review your menu at least once a year and update its image. You can easily test your market with a new treatment or small range of signature treatments with a simple, but classy extra hand-out menu card.
- Consider how a restaurant works, - they have a regular menu but have a ‘specials board’ – why not put compilations of your treatments together and have your own ‘specials’ board which can be changed monthly and see what works really well for you!
- What can you ‘upsell’? With Germaine de Capuccini – any facial booked can easily be ‘upsold’ with perhaps the GlycoCure – an intensive glycolic facial peeling, - think outside of the box – what ‘add-on’s do you have?
- If your therapists don’t sell your clients their homecare products – someone else will, invariably that could be the supermarket, local department store or QVC! – Do your therapists not care what their clients are using at home?
- A weekly ‘brain storming session’ motivates staff to think about how they can add value to their client’s treatments – and ultimately your bottom line!