How to increase business success with salon loyalty programmes
Phorest’s Niamh Mantell explores the tricks that salons across the world are using to generate more revenue and increase client loyalty while still saving time and money – and how the Treatcard Loyalty System can help.
Top tips for using loyalty programmes
While there are endless ways to customise your loyalty programme, here are some of the top tips I’ve gathered from past salons I’ve worked with; salons that are at the top of their game and use loyalty programmes to drive client loyalty and boost revenue significantly:
- Offer a treat alongside the client’s next paid appointment – this encourages clients back into the salon and ensures you’re not spending too much time providing complimentary services on the day.
- Offer a treat that costs less than the paid appointment; for example, offer a free 15-minute back massage alongside a paid, one-hour facial.
- Try to create treats that cost less time and money to perform; offer a back massage or file and polish as opposed to a facial.
- Use Treatcard as a way to offer a service your client has never had before; Phorest research shows that 27% of rewarded clients come back in the future to avail of the “new” service at full price.
- Set up product rewards that are relevant to the clients’ service, such as a complimentary mini hand cream with a manicure. If the wholesale cost of the products is low, this is a great way to entice clients into buying the products in full in the future.
- Advise your client that only one reward can be used per visit. This avoids clients “hoarding” points to spend on more expensive and time-consuming treatments or services
Being strategic with how you structure your salon’s loyalty programme ensures that your business never loses out on money, utilising it instead to boost client loyalty and increase satisfaction without devaluing your services.
What is Treatcard?
Treatcard is an industry-specific loyalty programme available to all Phorest salons. It’s integrated fully with the Phorest system, allowing you to reward clients with points redeemable on “treats” every time they spend money in the salon.
Clients can view points available on their salon branded app, and staff can view points on their salon POS or PhorestGo app.
It’s available as a virtual system or can be used with physical, barcoded keytags. The system has over four million end-users, making it the industry’s largest.
Unlike many other loyalty programmes, Treatcard is fully customisable, meaning you can:
- Decide how many points clients are rewarded for money spent
- Assign specific products or services to reward as treats
- Have full control over what clients, what products, and what services are included in the programme
- Assign treats to revenue-generating activity, such as referring new clients, same-day rebooking, or online review sharing
Interested in learning more about how a loyalty programme could benefit your business? Get in touch on email@example.com or reach out on Instagram. This is a sponsored story in association with Phorest.