Learn from industry experts at PB North
Professional Beauty North, coming to Manchester Central on 22-23 October 2017, promises an abundance of learning and networking opportunities, with key industry experts gathering to share tips and experiences with visitors.
Our live stage programmes feature a vast array of workshops, all CPD accredited, (with 1 CPD point for every hour attended!) led by key industry experts sharing their tips and experiences.
The Business Skills agenda offers advice on how to adapt to trends, attract and retain clients and improve profitability.
Sunday Business Skills Sessions
• 11.00-11.50: The Ultimate Christmas Marketing Guide for Salons and Spas
o Hear from Liz Mckeon Beauty Business Expert, about how to prepare your Christmas marketing and make extra profit for your salon or spa.
• 12.00 - 12.50: Key ways to fill your appointment book & sell more products without ever discounting
o Susan Routledge, Director at Susan Routledge Consultancy, will offer you tips on turning every client into a raving fan for the long term.
• 13.00 - 13.50: The art to building loyal clients as a self-employed therapist
o Marie-Louise Coster, Owner at All About Mi, will take you through all of the elements of establishing and maintaining client loyalty.
• 14.00 - 14.50: The power of blogging - how blogs can help promote your business
o Erica Turley, Nail Artist & Blogger, will be sharing her experience on how easily she set up her own blog and how this tool can open up your audience.
• 15.00 - 15.50 Look after yourself and keep yourself motivated when working alone
o Clare Cockell, Founder and CEO of The Reef, will work with you to boost your passion, motivation and confidence to grow as an individual and push your business and revenues forward.
• 16.00 - 16.50 How to create fabulous Instagram content that will attract clients to your business
o Catherine Trebble, Website and Social Media Expert, will show you how to produce 30 days of content, enough to power your Instagram profile, in about 30 minutes or less.
Monday Business Skills Sessions
• 11.00 - 11.50: The Salon Business Toolkit - 25 Quick Wins to Position Your Salon for Maximum Success
o Adam Chatterley, Founder of Salon Business Secrets, will help you find time to work on your business.
• 12.00 - 12.50: Staff and employment - the reality and the myths
o David Wright, Employment Consultant, will be giving advice on some of the most common issues salon owners are facing.
• 13.00 - 13.50: Booking apps: the alternative route for mobile therapists
o Nathalie Du Preez, COO, Blow Ltd, will talk you through the benefits that booking apps can provide to mobile professionals.
• 14.00 - 14.50: Top tips to hold the best interview to ensure you only ever recruit the best
o Susan Routledge and Professional Beauty “Employer of the years” winners and finalists will share tips to ensure you hire quality employees and the right people for your business.
• 15.00 - 15.50: Apps to enhance social media marketing and boost productivity
o Martyn Hillier, Business Development Manager and Strategist at Tunafish Media, will discuss the must have apps that will enhance your social media marketing, inspire your audience and boost productivity.
Reserve your seat for only £3 per session (50% discount for PB Luxe and Exec Club). Online booking closes at 10am, on 19th October.
As well as Business Skills we have five additional programmes plus the Education Forum and Salon & Spa Owners’ Convention.
Professional Beauty Live
This programme hosts experts revealing their technique secrets, as well as giving advice on how to adapt to trends to help you expand your treatment skill set and offering. Exciting topics that will be discussed include:
• The common waxing mistakes and how to avoid them
• Making male intimate waxing a profitable service for your business
• How to design a facial treatment as individual as the bride in the time given
• How to offer nail art services when you are not creative
• The best acrylic and hard gel in a revolutionary all-in-one system
This programme is perfect for professionals looking to expand their knowledge on some of the latest, more advanced treatments on offer today. Educational topics include:
• Introducing body contouring into your salon
• Micropigmentation for hair loss
• Why shaving is the hottest facial hair removal
• How to make your equipment work for your business
Skin is Alive
This programme will present the latest issues affecting the skin and offer advice on how to prevent and treat them. Topics presenting will include:
• The importance of skin preparation prior to skin peels
• Anti-ageing - past, present, and future
• From teenage breakouts to menopausal acne: the inside out approach
From bodypainters to fashion stylists, film make-up designers to fashion specialists, editorial to red carpet, celebrity to Instagram stars - the Warpaint Live Stage has it all. Speaker topics include:
• Cosmetic camouflage
• Red carpet looks
• Pop art body paint
• Creating the perfect base
This programme is focused on motivating and helping students thrive in the industry. Some of the topics that will be included during the session include:
• How to carry out a professional waxing treatment
• Why competitions are serious business and can help boost your career
• The biggest growth areas in beauty and spa – where should you be training in?
A dedicated event for beauty lecturers and educators. The Education Forum is a platform for college heads and leading employers to discuss challenges, raise awareness and identify opportunities. Lecturers can hear from top employers about skills they want to see in young therapists emerging into the industry. Tickets are £10pp including lunch and goody bag from sponsor Eve Taylor.
Register for free tickets and book your place here.