The best active ingredients to enhance advanced skin treatments
Pro Restore is designed to work with advanced skin treatments including microneedling, RF microneedling, laser resurfacing, fibroblast skin tightening and chemical peels.
This new concentrate from Dermalogica prepares the skin’s barrier, restores its condition, helps increase the appearance of firmness and brightens skin.
Pro Restore contains a complex of active ingredients designed to work with micro-injury skin treatments and offers multiple benefits.
Strengthens and prepares skin’s barrier for micro-injury
When performing an advanced treatment that leverages the skin’s wound-healing process, it’s best practice to start with skin that has a healthy barrier so you’re not causing uncontrolled inflammation and overloading the skin’s healing system.
In other words: the skin needs to be strong to efficiently work on healing the micro-injuries from advanced treatments, with pre-treatment and post-treatment care playing a crucial role.
Pro Restore includes the following ingredients that strengthen skin’s barrier in preparation for service.
- Beta glucan from oat penetrates the skin, accelerating the migration of keratinocytes for a faster wound closure. It forms a hydrating film to help strengthen the skin’s barrier in preparation for treatments.
- Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) is a potent humectant that enhances skin’s water content and reduces hydration evaporation for a stronger skin barrier.
- Mushroom extract helps protect skin from heat stress, decrease pain perception, and soothe skin by inhibiting the TRPV1 receptor for pain sensation.
Intervenes in micro-injury recovery for optimal healing and tissue regeneration
Micro-injury treatments such as microneedling open micro-channels that allow serum and actives to easily penetrate the skin. These micro-injuries stimulate collagen production, and ultimately enhance skin’s appearance. Micro-injuries can also cause inflammation, an unbalanced microbiome, and a compromised skin barrier.
Pro Restore includes ingredients that resolve inflammation and balance the skin's microbiome.
- Omega-3 from algae is rich in EPA and DHA (polyunsaturated fatty acids) that are specialised pro-resolving mediators (SPM). They actively shut down inflammation and promote self-resolution by triggering endogenous healing processes to help the tissue return to homeostasis. This helps stop inflammation before it becomes chronic.
- Bacillus ferment helps maintain bacterial diversity, supporting the skin’s microbiome and barrier.
- Hyaluronic acid is a well-known humectant that attracts water and locks it in the skin’s upper layers.
Amplifying treatment results
Post treatment homecare can dramatically impact treatment outcomes. Pro Restore can be used pre, during and post service (depending on the type of treatment being performed) to amplify results, with the client taking this professional product home as part of their homecare programme.
Pro Restore includes ingredients that support skin recovery and target wrinkle reduction and skin brightening.
- Oligopeptide-1 is a peptide that activates a signalling cascade, leading to protein synthesis, cell growth and differentiation, resulting in collagen and elastin production for more resilient skin.
- Phospholipids from olive stem cells stimulate mitochondria and cellular energy production to firm the skin.
- Niacinamide, a form of vitamin B3, helps to inhibit melanin transfer to the skin’s surface for a more even skin tone.
- Rosa gallica helps brighten and hydrate the skin.
Clinical study results with Pro Restore used during micro-injury treatments
Post-microneedling treatment, showing decrease of side effects
The subject received one microneedling treatment all over the face. On one side of the face, Pro Restore was applied pre, during and post microneedling. On the other side of the face, a control conventional hyaluronic acid serum for microneedling was used.
Find out more about Pro Restore Serum here. This is a sponsored story in association with Dermalogica.