5 tasks mobile therapists could outsource to free up their time
Being a solo therapist and running your own business means you must wear a lot of business hats, some of which you may not naturally be good at. This isn’t a bad thing – we can’t be great at everything.
Not only are you chief executive, but you are chief marketer, copy writer guru, head of finances, web designer extraordinaire, and health and safety officer, to name a few.
Have you ever thought of outsourcing tasks? It basically means you can carry on doing what you love and what brings in the money, while you pay someone else to do they stuff that they love and are good at.
This in turn helps your business grow in ways you may not have had the skills or time to implement. Plus, outsourcing does not have to be expensive and the beauty of a hiring a freelancer means you do not have to have their skill permanently.
5 skills you can outsource as a mobile therapist:
- Finances – If working out your tax isn’t your thing, then you could make expensive mistakes. Hiring an accountant means you save money and time. A must for any business owner.
- Logo/web designer – You may do a great set of nails but just have no idea where to start on the techy stuff. Hiring someone that can do it in half the time and create your vision is worth every penny. Try Fiverr, where you can hire people from $5.
- Copy writer – A website is a very valuable thing to have to help your business grow. It can give people their first impression of what you offer, so it needs to be professional. Did you know you can hire someone else to write it for you, in a style that suits your target clients? They can also write your newsletters and blogs.
- Social media manager – Posting engaging posts can take a lot out of your precious time. Why not hire a freelance social media manager, especially if you want to launch a new treatment or product range, or want to find new clients? They have the know-how to create amazing posts all over your social media that is true to you.
- Online booking – Although not necessarily outsourcing, having an online booking system is a huge benefit and from as little as £15 a month can save you time and lost clients. Clients can book in 24/7, you can take a non-refundable booking fee easily, the system can send automatic reminders and total up your takings.
Kerry Beavis is owner of The Revive Company in Wixams, a Professional Beauty Awards judge, and winner of Professional Beauty’s 2016 Therapist of the Year award.