The Institute for Apprenticeships unveils Hair and Beauty Route Panel
The Institute for Apprenticeships has appointed leading beauty and hair pros to sit on its Hair and Beauty Route Panel, which plays an important role in developing apprenticeships in these sectors.
The Institute’s Hair and Beauty Route Panel is made up of:
- Suki Kalirai, director at GKC Infocus Ltd and Qi Spa (Spa WMC Ltd), who will act as the panel’s chair
- Rachel Halling, college principal at Champneys Beauty College, who will act as vice chair
- Tina Rook, head of education at Saks Hair & Beauty
- Julie Speed, director at the International Beauty and Holistic Academy, Cedars Health & Beauty Centre
- Cathy Weston, national director of apprenticeships at Toni & Guy
- Karine Jackson, owner and technical director of Karine Jackson Hair.
Route Panels play a pivotal role in recommending whether an apprenticeship standard in development is ready to be finalised or whether it needs further work from the Trailblazer – the group of employers developing the proposal.
The panel ensures greater accountability and that employers in the industry can drive a vital step in the process.
The Institute’s chair Antony Jenkins said: “Our Route Panels sit at the heart of our work, driving up quality and making sure apprenticeships are fit for purpose for employers and learners alike. The decisions each member takes will help shape the workforce within their industry now and in the years to come.”
For more information on the Route Panel, click here.