Q&A Time - Essential Essie Info
Today let's talk about Essie Professional, a nail care brand founded many years ago. Here is our discussion below:
- What is the background of Essie and what products do you offer?
In 1981, Essie Weingarten premiered her first 12 shades in Vegas. Two things happened, the showgirls went crazy for them and salons snatched them up. Over 30 years later essie is still the original and leading fashion brand in the professional nail arena. With over 250 polish shades, 6 seasonal collections, a new “good for you colour” gel system with exclusive keratin care technology and essie spa – with the first hydra-resurfacing system to deliver optimal results we are proud to offer salons the most premium support.
- What is your most popular product and what do you think makes it popular?
The essie brand is best known for its amazing colour selection and we have some incredibly iconic shades like Ballet Slippers, Tart Deco, Licorice, Wicked – the fact that the most loved essie polish shades will now available in essie.gel is even more exciting.
- What makes your products special over the competition?
• It’s the original professional nail brand, with the best of L’Oréal advanced research know-how
• essie polish provides up to one week of flawless coverage to keep clients coming back for more
• Delivers fashion forward shades straight from the catwalk
• Offers one of the largest colour palettes with over 250 shades to meet every client’s demands
• It’s a brand loved by media and celebrities, helping to drive traffic to salons
- How cost effective are your products when introducing them into a salon?
Essie aims to provide a flexible and bespoke support package from a passionate and inspirational team. Our opening order packages are custom built according to the salons needs – so whether you are a new salon looking for a full service proposition or a salon who wants to add another brand to complement their existing range, our Business Development Executives have considerable therapy experience and extensive industry knowledge to offer the most premium support and ultimately develop a salons business
- Do you provide any extra services, advice or training programmes for professionals who use your products in their salons?
Complimentary education for all essie salons
- Bespoke courses encompassing core colour, essiespa mani/pedi and essie.gel at our industry leading UK academies
- On demand web tutorials and regular e-blasts for the latest nail trends
- Business boosters to help nurture and develop your nail business
Complimentary POS to boost retail and standout in your salon
- An extensive marketing calendar to drive consumer engagement
- In-salon retail and technical merchandising
- Why should salon owners visit your stand at the show?
To talk to us about all their nail needs! We love hearing from professionals and would relish the chance to introduce them to the essie range. And of course for exclusive show offers and for a little “me-time” to experience the new essie gel mani for themselves
- Are you having anything new on your stand at the show?
Yes, we are excited to be unveiling 20 new oh-so-essie gel shades at the show, along with a new top coat effect. If that wasn’t enough we will also be launching our new resort collection at the show – 4 delicious pre-spring shades straight from the catwalk!
- Will you be having any special offers exclusive to the show?
Of course, we have multi-buys offers across our polish range and 20% off across our gel and spa ranges.
- Any other plans for the show?
We will have two manicure stations where we will be demoing essie.gel and showcasing all that is great about it, and of course where visitors can experience it for themselves.
- What tips would you give salon owners looking to introduce a new line into their salon?
To really understand what their clients want, sometimes it’s good to offer choice to ensure you cater to all clients’ needs. In terms of a brand – look for a product which will deliver superior results to exceed client’s expectations as well business support such as point of sale materials, education, new innovation and expertise.
Flexibility is also key, each business is unique, one size doesn’t fit all so salons should demand this from a partner too – one that takes the time to truly understand the salon and their customers.
When promoting a new product, offer a launch event to ensure clients understand the new addition, ensure it has a dedicated area in the salon for clients to experience it and promotional offers to excite and encourage trial.
- Please tell us any current news or anything which is taking place at the moment outside of show activities.
Whilst we are busy at the show, our essie Pro team will be working backstage at London Fashion Week on AW15 shows
2015 is a jam packed year for essie, over the next few months we will be launching some exciting innovation to truly revolutionise in salon nail services – so watch this space
To register for the show, please feel free to register for FREE tickets: http://ow.ly/I5lFg