New Covid-19 safety measures being implemented at Professional Beauty London in October
The Professional Beauty Group has introduced a new suite of Covid-19 safety measures and protocols for the PB London show in October, in partnership with ExCel London, to make sure it’s a hygienic and enjoyable environment for all those who attend.
The Professional Beauty London show, which is taking place at ExCel London on October 11–12 alongside the company’s flagship professional hair event Salon International, has taken on board enhanced safety measures.
The Government announced that it will bring back audiences in stadiums and allow conferences and other business events to recommence in a Covid-19 secure way from October 1.
These include timed entry to the show, sanitation stations for visitors and intense cleaning of all areas of the venue, with additional measures will be announced over the coming weeks.
“The wellbeing of all who visit and work in our exhibitions is our number one priority. We have implemented a series of measures to enhance safety and these will be revised and updated over the coming weeks,” said Mark Moloney, managing director of the Professional Beauty Group.
PB is working closely with ExCel London, the Association of Event Organisers and others to devise further appropriate measures.
The new safety measures being introduced to our PB London and Salon International exhibitions in October are:
- Timed entry to spread the flow of visitors – all who attend the event will be asked to select a preferred entry time on registering
- Visitors and exhibitors will be required to wear a face covering to gain entry to the show. We encourage you to bring your own, however they will be available at the venue if you forget.
- Smartphone entry tickets to cease queues – e-tickets will replace printed tickets with limited collections on-site
- Online booking throughout to limit waiting – all tickets will be available to book, both before the event and while it is taking place
- Strict sanitisation measures – intense cleaning of all areas of the venue and exhibition stands and features
- Widespread availability of hand sanitisers
- Wider aisles to increase the comfort and space between visitors within the show
- Temperature screening
- Longer opening times – the show will be open from 10am-6.30pm on Sunday 11 October and 10m-5pm on Monday 12 October. VIPs will be able to access the show from 9am on both days
- Strict trade and professional-only policy. No general public will be permitted; this is to restrict numbers and ensure an enhanced environment for genuine industry professionals.
Further developments will be revealed in due course. These may include entry heat sensors, wider aisles and digital solutions to reduce touch points. We will update you as appropriate.
Professional Beauty has created a coronavirus reopening guideline poster for beauty salons and spas to use as a starting point for considering safety when they reopen. Beauty salons in England are estimated to reopen on July 4.