Aveda kicks off annual Earth Month activities this week

Skincare, make-up and hair brand Aveda will begin a month-long fundraising campaign this week to raise money for charity Water Aid.

Staff at the Aveda Lifestyle Salon & Spa, Covent Garden, London, will join thousands of other Aveda therapists and stylists around the globe in giving eight hours of their time for free this month to offer clients “Appointments for the Earth”. Clients can book any beauty or hair service at the salon in return for a donation to Earth Month. 

The team from the brand’s Lifestyle Salon in Holborn, London, will donate their time and work for free this Sunday (April 6). Client services will be discounted by 40%, with the remaining 60% going to charity Water Aid.

Aveda has raised more than $32million in support of Earth Month since the campaign’s inception in 1999.  Proceeds are donated to various organisations working to combat the lack of access to clean water in the developing world. Funds raised by Aveda UK will benefit WaterAid.

Aveda general manager Darren Potter said: “Aveda professionals are living proof that beauty and environment are inextricably connected – their commitment to Earth Month is truly remarkable.”