Festive nail art tutorial: Christmas bauble
Want some Christmas nail art inspo? Rebecca Abernethy, PB’s Nail Professional of the Year 2017 and Semilac’s UK academy director, shares her step-by-step tutorial for creating gorgeous Christmas bauble nail art.
Get the look:
1. Apply a first coat in the client’s colour of choice (I’ve used Semilac Blue Grey 205) and cure for 30 seconds. Repeat the process to create the second layer.
2. Apply a matte top coat like Semilac’s Total Matt Top Coat No Wipe and cure for 30 seconds.
3. Using a nail art brush and dark purple/red polish (like Spicy Salsa 181), paint a large and small circle on each nail to create the base of the Christmas baubles, before curing for 30 seconds.
4. Next, combine UV Hybrid I'm Not Sure 160 and glitter on a glass mixing plate before placing on top of each circle to make the baubles look more festive. Cure for 30 seconds.
5. Place a large raised bead of Semilac Semi Hardi Clear on to each bauble to make them 3D, cure for 30 seconds, then apply a thin layer of top coat and cure for 30 seconds.
6. Using silver and white polishes and a thin nail art brush, draw the string, bow and dots, cure for 30 seconds and then cleanse to remove the sticky layer. Repeat the process on each finger.
PB’s other Christmas nail art tutorials: