Cleansing oils and lip tints among biggest product trends in 2018
Cleansing oils, lip tints and shade-inclusive foundation lines are set to be big product trends in 2018.
The product categories, along with five other trends, are predicted to dominate the beauty industry next year, according to the Pinterest 100, a trends insight based on users’ top pins.
“Saves” (or pins) of images tagged with “cleansing oil” increased by 555% in 2017, while “lip tint” pictures were pinned 414% more over the year compared to 2016; and pins of “complexion matching” images grew by 378%.
The other trends were:
- Next-level lashes – 152% increase in searches for images tagged with “lashes”
- Graphic nail designs – 83% increase in searches for “geometric nails”
- Bright eyes – 63% increase in searches for “bright eyeshadow”
- Rollers – 345% increase in saves for “derma roller”
- All-in-one make-up kits – 147% increase in saves for “make-up kit”
Pinterest experienced a 75% increase in beauty pins in general over 2017, and says users are looking to discover and try the latest products as well as tips for everyday and special occasion looks.