Sponsored blog: Nouveau Lashes’ Lashgang celebrates first birthday
The brand held a party for its online community of lash lovers, whose achievements this year include helping to grow the brand and raising awareness of the condition trichotillomania.
Nouveau Lashes’ Lashgang – an online community of lash lovers, which now boasts more than 150 members in the UK – has just celebrated its first birthday.
To celebrate, the brand hosted a party on November 26, 2016, at its London headquarters inviting along its most treasured members for a day of games, food and an influencer awards ceremony.
Some of the gang’s success stories in the past year include:
- Bloggers from the gang worked with Nouveau Lashes to raise awareness of the condition trichotillomania – a body-focused, repetitive behaviour where a person feels compelled to pull their hair out – as well as help those dealing with the disorder.
- Each member became an official product tester for the brand’s news products and treatments, ensuring honest feedback was given before the services launched on the market. This included the new Lash & Brow Conditioning Serum, Eye Make-Up Remover and the SVS Lashes treatment.
- The Lashgang partnered with Benefit Cosmetics to create key make-up look tutorials celebrating the heritage of both brands; featuring a spring/summer and celebrity inspired look encompassing the Nouveau Lashes LVL treatment and Benefit’s cosmetic range.
- The gang all independently hosted content showcasing lash focused make-up looks for events such as Halloween, Christmas, Easter and Valentine’s Day, as well as answering the most requested lash-related questions from those online.
- The Lashgang had their first consumer-facing stand at the Beauty Blogger Awards where they recruited more than 60 new members.
Nouveau Lashes has also just launched Lashgang with official representatives in Ireland, Portugal and Spain, and will be launching into the USA and New Zealand in the coming weeks.
Beginning its life as an open to all blogger outreach programme, the community grew in popularity at such speed that it’s now open to all eyelash enthusiasts who want to join in the global conversation using #lashgang.
Within the gang is a strictly invite-only tier of influencers incorporating beauty bloggers, make-up artists, professional lash techs, models and actresses, who regularly review and create “How-to” videos about Nouveau Lashes’ product offering and salon-based treatments.
Emma Ledger, digital lead at Nouveau Lashes and creator of Lashgang, said: “Lashgang was created to start the conversation about who we are as a brand; the entrepreneurial, female-led nature of our business pairs perfectly with the passion of beauty bloggers and other professional women working in the beauty industry. Lashgang allows us to represent a lash style for every type of lash wearer, eye shape and preferred make-up look – creating and sharing engaging content for everyone.”
Find out more about what happened at the Lashgang birthday party below:
Images: ©Nouveau Lashes