The Education Forum is back at PB London
Professional Beauty London holds the Education Forum every year, with the aim of raising industry standards and preparing our future beauty workforce right from the start. Lecturers can hear from top employers about skills they want to see in young therapists emerging into the industry, with names including Taffryn Ellis, Spa Director at Four Seasons and successful salon owners Sara Shoemark, Owner of GLOW Salons and Maria Mason, Owner of Beauty Time.
Key topics to be discussed at the event include:
• Hear how award-winning GLOW Salons are developing and what technical skills they look for when recruiting
• Beauty Therapy Trailblazer/Standard - what’s the latest update?
• How is award-winning Beauty Time Salon in Bristol developing treatments to meet the ever-increasing demands of their clientele?
• How are colleges responding to the demands of employers whilst meeting the requirements of Osted’s new ‘Education Inspection Framework’?
• The Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA) Hair, Beauty & Aesthetics Panel – what is its remit? How will it influence the work we do in colleges? What will the T-Standard /Level look like?
• GOLD! Team UK have recently won gold medals for Beauty Therapy at Euro-skills and Worldskills Competitions. How can you give your students the chance to be part of this amazing experience?
• What do the Four Seasons Group (Global) look for when recruiting therapists for their spas?
• In the future T-Level qualifications will require an Extended ‘Industrial Placement of 45 days… are you ready for this major change? Hear about the DfE pilot that is running in some colleges
• Employers are telling us there’s a recruitment crisis in the industry, how can we work together to raise the profile of a career in Beauty and Spa Therapy?
Be fully informed so your college can quickly respond to new developments, deliver excellence and help students get great jobs in the sector!
Tickets cost only £10 and include lunch and a goody bag.
Lecturers can purchase tickets for the Education Forum after registering for the show here.