NHBF launches Top 100 Influencers Index 2022
Following the success of last year’s event, the NHBF has launched the Hair & Beauty Industry – Top 100 Influencers Indexfor a second year, offering an opportunity to recognise those in the industry who use social media to influence, educate and innovate the sector.
The NHBF is inviting nominations for the individuals who you think are the most influential in the industry on social media including beauty therapists, nail technicians, make-up artists and aestheticians.
You can nominate as many people as you wish, including yourself, and the NHBF encourages you to post it on social media using #NHBFTop100influencers.
The nomination process is simple:
- Enter the name of the person you’re nominating in the survey
- Enter their social media handles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube)
- Confirm that they meet the nomination criteria (listed below)
Once the nominations close, a longlist of 250 will then be given to the NHBF’s partners running the Influencer Indexcampaign who will analyse the nominations based on independent data metrics:
- Followers – the number of people following the nominees
- Engagement – the number of mentions, shares, links and impressions of the nominees’ posts
- Reach – how many people have seen the nominees’ posts
The NHBF is celebrating the whole industry, so the nominations are open to both NHBF members and non-members that fit within the following criteria:
- A professional currently working in the hairdressing, barbering, beauty, wellbeing or aesthetics industries
- Applicants should have an applicable qualification in the industry they are working in, from a regulated awarding organisation as detailed here or equivalent continual experience working in the industry (five years or more)
The NHBF’s chief executive Richard Lambert says, “We were overwhelmed by the number of entries last year, and so we are very excited to see what happens this year. There were several surprises in last year’s results, so we should expect more to come.”
Lambert adds, “The emphasis is on engagement and influence, so our independent agency will be checking for bought followers. We want to celebrate those who have a real and organic following, promoting our industry with how-to videos, behind the scenes, trends and advice, and general examples of their great work.”
On receiving first place last year, beauty guru Caroline Hirons said, “I am thrilled to be number one. When I started a blog 11 years ago, I had no idea where it would lead and I’m very grateful for the support. I love this industry, so thank you very much.”
The Top 100 ranking influencers will be announced on November 13, 2022 – more details to follow.
Click here for the nomination form – the closing date is July 29, 2022.
You can share the fact that you have nominated on social media by using the hashtags #NHBFTop100influencers and #Hairandbeautytop100
For more updates, visit the NHBF website or follow the association on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @nhbfsocial