Hotel launches Harry Styles-themed spa day featuring watermelon treatments
It's an unconventional way to get clients through the door but Abbey Hotel in Redditch is about to launch a Harry Styles-themed spa day.
The spa day, which will be available to book via SpaSeekers, has been based on smells and tastes the singer would love, set to a backdrop of Styles’ greatest hits, in the hopes of drawing in dedicated fans of the ex-One Direction star.
Key aspects of the experience include a Watermelon Sugar scrub and a candle designed to smell like Styles. Plus, Redditch is the town where the singer was born.
The industry has previously seen themed spa experiences based on gin and chocolate come to the fore, but do you think themed spa days based on key public figures are a good way to draw in new clientele?
The Harry Styles Watermelon Sugar High Spa Day consists of:
- “Breathe me in” candle burning – said to “smell like the man himself”, these candles will be burning throughout the treatment. They are scented with woody tobacco, essential oils and spices, honey and vanilla.
- “Adore You” 55-minute Elemis skin facial – clients can choose the perfect Elemis skin facial from SpaSeekers pro-collagen line eraser to the resurfacer, sensitive skin soother or blemish control facial.
- 25-minute Yuzu, Pink beets and Watermelon full-body scrub – dead sea salt allows for deep exfoliation, increasing circulation, while beetroot protects with its antioxidant-rich source of iron and vitamins. Fragrant Japanese yuzu, high in vitamin C, also stimulates collagen production and supports immune health.
- Curated Harry Styles playlist during treatments – Harry Styles greatest hits will soundtrack clients spa experience.
- Relaxation room session with a watermelon lemonade cooler – After treatment, clients can enjoy a stay in the relaxation room alongside the Harry Styles soundtrack and a watermelon lemonade cooler.
- Picnic style lunch – lunch is provided in the style of a picnic basket crafted by the hotel’s in-house chefs. The plush picnic will “allow you to basque in the life of luxury” says the hotel. Also, there won’t be any olives or beetroot in sight as apparently Styles hates these.
What do you make of the Harry Styles spa day? Tell us your thoughts below.